Sol Proaño is a metalsmithing studio in Ridgewood, Queens. I am looking for smart, resourceful and creative individuals to join my team.
Current metalsmithing students are encouraged to apply.
If you are excited about the brand and help it grow, take a look at the available position. If this is not the perfect job for you, feel free to send a note to email@example.com and we'll reach out if we see an opportunity for a good fit.
Sol Proaño is seeking a Production Assistant to help meet increased production demand. Sol is dedicated to producing meticulously handcrafted home goods and is seeking a team member with that same dedication to craftsmanship.
The Production Assistant will be responsible for carefully preparing materials, making pieces of consistent quality, and delivering finished pieces as scheduled. The ideal candidate possesses fine motor skills, is extremely detail-oriented and follows directions with precision. Good communication skills and pride in your own work are extremely important.
Make and consistently produce quality products
Organize and track materials needed for production
Deliver finished products on time. The actual work will (initially) consist of:
- Chain cutting and assembly (neatly closing jump rings)
- Cut, shape, hammer, drill, finish, seal 12-14g wire.
- Assemble pieces.
- Install crystals (make sure they are free of defects)
- Self-motivated to perform well
- Metalsmithing experience - there will be no soldering at first, but a lot of metal forming: drilling, hammering with various hammers, use of flex shaft, sanding, etc.
- Ability to maintain focus while performing repetitive tasks for long periods of time
- Ability to take direction and to learn quickly
- Ability to ask questions
- Impressive attention to detail
Part-time, 8 hrs per week to start. Semi-flexible work hours, but morning availability is required. Room to evolve and grow in responsibilities and hours.
How to apply: If you’re interested in applying, email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “TEAM SOL - Production Assistant’’. Please introduce yourself, writing in your own voice. Attach a resume and a portfolio (pdf, online link, IG) where I can see work that you have created using your hands.